Our Choice Recommendation
- STRATEGY GAME: Compete to build Renaissance Europe’s most lucrative and prestigious jewelry business. As a...
- FUN AND FRIENDLY COMPETITION: Players vie for control of gem mines, trade routes, and storefronts to master the gem...
- COUNTLESS REPLAY OPPORTUNITES: Fast and intuitive, this strategy game is a fun game for game nights. The completely...
What kind of games and activities do 10-year-olds usually like?
Do they tend to go for board games?
Is this something a child of this age can learn to enjoy?
Most of the time, 10-year-olds are more likely to want to play video games than board games. But the right board game can make a huge difference in your child’s playtime, especially if you encourage this type of play or join in as well.
Having a family game night is another great way to teach your child that board games are just as exciting and fun as electronics and video games. With a little planning and effort, your 10-year-old is sure to learn to enjoy board game night more than you may have ever thought possible.
Read on to find some great board games 10 year old kids are sure to love.
Option #1: Parcheesi
Parcheesi is a classic game that many families have enjoyed together for decades. This version plays just like classic Parcheesi and includes colorful game pieces that will encourage kids to join in the fun.
- The game pieces are durable plastic.
- This board game for 10 year olds encourages strategic thinking and friendly competition.
- The game pieces and board may be too small for some players.
- The dice tend to get stuck in the shaker.
Option #2: Pay Day
Pay Day is a little bit like a simplified Monopoly . Players must reach the end of the game board with the most money to win. This board game for 10 year olds teaches basic concepts of loans and savings as well as counting, addition, and subtraction.
- This board game for 10 year olds is ideal for ages 8 and up and for 2 to 4 players.
- This choice is a fast-paced game that won’t get boring for kids or adults.
- The game may be too easy for some players.
- This is not like the original version of the game.
Option #3: Codenames: Pictures
No products found. is a fun party game that many kids will want to join in on as well. This board game for 10 year olds is about word association and uses pictures to help encourage kids to think creatively and quickly when it’s their team’s turn.
- This board game for 10 year olds is both cooperative and competitive when played with teams.
- This must-have board game is great for 8 or more players in a large group.
- This board game for 10 year olds is meant for ages 14 and up and may be too mature for 10-year-olds.
- The pictures are abstract and can be confusing.
Option #4: Santorini
Playing Santorini is all about building a stack of blocks to reach the top of the “world” before other players can. Each player can also make one “god move” per game, changing things up in their favor just when things start to look a little bleak.
- The board and game pieces are durable and sturdy.
- This board game for 10 year olds involves no chance and only strategy-based moves.
- The theme can be a little confusing or get lost in the gameplay.
- Some players may take a long time to take their turns.
Option #5: Azul
Azul is a tile placement game that teaches kids strategic thinking and quick problem-solving skills. This board game for 10 year olds is short and can be enjoyed quickly or in several rounds for a longer-lasting game night.
- This board game for 10 year olds is good for ages 8 and up and 2 to 4 players.
- The pieces are good quality and enticing to look at.
- This best kids board game may arrive damaged or missing pieces.
- The instructions can be tricky to understand the first few times.
Option #6: Tsuro: The Game of the Path
Tsuro: The Game of the Path is a little bit different each time it’s played. Players must work to stay on their own path without getting mixed up or knocked back by other players or game mechanics.
- The game only takes about 20 minutes to play, so it’s great for quick family game nights.
- This board game for 10 year olds can be enjoyed by several players and is a fun party experience too.
- The pieces may slide around too much for this board game for 10 year olds to be enjoyable.
- The game may be too dull for adults and older kids.
Option #7: Hacker: Cybersecurity Logic Game
Hacker: Cybersecurity Logic Game teaches the basics of programming through an educational and fun gaming experience. This board game for 10 year olds includes several challenges kids can work through to build their problem-solving skills and learn to understand a little bit more about the world of programming with each new puzzle.
- The game includes 120 different challenges so gameplay never has to get boring and dull, no matter how many times you and your kids work through this board game for 10 year olds.
- Kids enjoy the theme of “hacking” in this board game for 10 year olds.
- This kids board game is better for a single player and may not be a fun group activity.
- The instructions are complicated and tough to figure out.
Option #8: Century Spice Road
Century Spice Road is a game about resource management, planning, and strategic thinking. Players use cards and token pieces to plan and make changes to their own experience as well as sabotage and interrupt other players before they can complete this board game for 10 year olds.
- The quality of the game pieces is very high-quality and much more durable than many other similar games on the market.
- Games move fast enough to keep younger kids interested.
- This board game for 10 year olds plays a little bit too much like Splendor for some customers.
- This board game for 10 year olds can be a little confusing to figure out at first.
Option #9: LaserMaze
LaserMaze is a problem-solving game that is sure to keep kids thinking on their feet. This board game for 10 year olds involves building a maze in such a way that the laser light will bounce from piece to piece and make it to the end. Constructing the maze is a little different each time, so there is some replay value for kids with this board game for 10 year olds.
- There are 60 challenges included in the game to help kids stay interested in playing it.
- This board game for 10 year olds is challenging enough that adults will enjoy playing it too.
- The quality of the pieces is fairly poor.
- Some parents are concerned about the laser component of this board game for 10 year olds.
Option #10: Splendor
Splendor is a game based around cards, tokens, and collecting . This board game for 10 year olds is educational as well as fun and can encourage kids to learn problem-solving, strategic thinking, and organization skills. This is a resource management game that encourages creative play and unique thinking.
- This board game for 10 year olds can be easily modified to simplify the rules or make it more challenging.
- The tokens included are higher quality plastic.
- The game’s theme can be tricky to follow, especially for new players.
- This must-have board game takes a while to complete and may be boring for younger members of the family.
Option #11: Small World
Small World is a strategy game that is all about taking control of different parts of the fantasy world in which this board game for 10 year olds takes place. Players can sabotage each other or form alliances to work through this experience, making the gameplay a little bit different every time.
- This board game for 10 year olds takes about an hour to finish, so it’s a good choice for a lengthy family game night or for a vacation or camping trip.
- This board game for 10 year olds is easy for two players to play alone.
- The strategy may be too simple for some players.
- The gameplay may be a little too dull for more involved board game fans.
Option #12: Trekking the National Parks
Trekking the National Parks plays a little bit like Ticket to Ride, with some changes. This board game for 10 year olds encourages players to move through the national parks of the United States and learn a little something about each of them as they progress through the experience. Visiting more parks than other players can help earn the win.
- This board game for 10 year olds features colorful pieces and a board that’s easy to interact with.
- This best board game for 10 year olds is an educational game that is also a lot of fun for the whole family.
- The game doesn’t involve as much information about the parks as some customers would like.
- The product may arrive missing pieces.
Option #13: King of Tokyo
No products found. is a fast strategy game based around cards and figures. This offer was made by the creator of Magic: The Gathering, although it’s much more simplified and easier to understand than Magic. This board game for 10 year olds is exciting for kids and great for ages eight and up.
- This board game for 10 year olds can be played by two to four players.
- The game takes about 30 minutes to finish a round, so kids won’t get bored and adults won’t find it too redundant to enjoy.
- The quick gameplay may be too fast for some players.
- The game relies heavily on chance and therefore doesn’t encourage as much thinking.
Get Must-Have Family Board Games Today
How do you know which of these games is best for your child? Here are a few useful tips to help you pick the right board games for your 10-year-old:
- Pick a game that challenges your child without being too impossible or too easy and boring.
- Pick a game that teaches skills such as logical and strategic thinking, teamwork, and more.
- Pick a game with a theme that your child will be interested in.
In the end, you know your child best. Take time to consider what your little one might enjoy and what skills your child may need to work on improving. Finding the right must-have best kids board game may take a little trial and error, but you’re sure to locate the perfect one for your 10-year-old in no time.
Last update on 2022-01-25 at 17:20 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
10 Year Old Board Games - Play age 10 year old board games in our list selection.
Best Board Games For Adults - Grab the best board games for adult players in our list collection.
7 Year Old Board Games - Enjoy board games for big kids age 7 years old in our 7 year old boardgames list.
Best Preschool Board Games - Play the best preschool board games in our list selection.
Best Board Games For 8 Year Olds - Grab the best board games for 8 year olds in our children's play list.
Best Board Games For Teens - Get the best board games for teens in our list collection.