Our 7 Year Old Board Games Recommendation
- TACTICAL STRATEGY: Featuring a massive amount of in game choices, including 3 tiles each of 36 possible color...
- EASY TO FOLLOW RULES: An engaging game with easy to follow rules, Qwirkle is great for younger players. The rules...
- GAMES THAT TEACH: Qwirkle is playable from early ages up, allowing young children and older individuals alike to...
How Does Playing Board Games for Kids Benefit 7-Year Olds?
Board games are especially great as a playing tool because these not only keep children interested, but are also a great way to spend time with family and friends and bond over a game. Here are a few ways in which playing a board game can benefit children:
- Makes them feel good and improves mood
- Encourages family time
- Helps in memory formation
- Improves cognition skills
- Improves reflexes and fast thinking
- Improves concentration and focus
9 Of The Best Board Games for 7-Year-Olds That you can buy on Amazon
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #1: Trouble Game by Hasbro
This is a 2-4 player game and is suitable for ages 5 and up . This choice is a racing and chasing game where the main objective is to take all the 4 pegs to the Finish space first and win, This family board game 7-year-olds can play comes with a game board, 16 colourful pegs and a dice popper.
- This option is easy to learn rules.
- Fast and fun to play.
- This offer improves counting.
- Fun family game.
- Not high quality.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #2: Hasbro Connect 4 Game
This is the classic Connect 4 game that your kids will love playing with. This choice is a 2 player game and is suitable for children 6 and above. This family board game 7-year-olds can play comes with red and yellow discs. The objective of the game is to get 4 discs in a row. Whoever has the highest number of 4 discs in a row is the winner. This game comes with a grid, slider bar, 2 legs, 21 red and 21 yellow discs and instructions.
- Encourages fast thinking.
- This option improves concentration.
- This offer improves planning and forward thinking.
- Constantly entertaining.
- Bottom slide bar can be a little tight.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #3: 5 Second Rule Junior by Play Monster
This game can be played by 3 or more players and is suitable for ages 6 and up . This is a family version of a classic popular party game. Children have to read a card and share an answer. But the catch is that they have to do it within 5 seconds! The game comes with 200 cards with 400 questions, 6 pawns, a game board, rules and a 5 second twisted timer.
- Silly fun for the entire family.
- Encourages fast thinking.
- This choice improves reflexes.
- Helps improve memory.
- 5 seconds may be too less for some children.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #4: Battleship Game by Hasbro Gaming
This game can be played by 2 players and is suitable for children aged 7 and above . The main aim of the game is to sink the ship of the opponent. The red and white pegs in the game will track the hits and misses. This game comes with 10 plastic ships, 2 portable battle cases, a label sheet and instructions, 84 red hit pegs and 168 white miss pegs.
- Honest gameplay, no advantage play.
- Teaches tactics.
- This option is easy to learn.
- Keeps children occupied.
- Pegs keep falling down.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #5: Hasbro Guess Who? Classic Game
This is a 2 player game that is suitable for children aged 6 and above . The main objective of this game is to try and guess the other player’s mystery character. This game comes with 2 game boards, 24 mystery cards, 2 scorekeepers, instructions and 48 face cards.
- This offer improves logical thinking.
- Helps kids express in words.
- Helps kids express in words.
- Teaches grouping.
- This choice improves language development.
- Little difficult for kids to describe.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #6: Operation (EA) by Hasbro
This game can be played by more than 1 player at a time and is suitable for children aged 6 and above. This option is a classic skill and action game that replicates the work going on in an Emergency Room. This family board game 7-year-olds can play also has funny ailments that will keep children entertained and interested. Children will love operating and making the patient feel better. The game has 13 fun ailment parts and the aim is to remove as many ailments as possible.
- Children learn to act fast to avoid the buzzer.
- Kids feel responsible.
- Teaches quick thinking.
- Fun family game.
- Tiny pieces to grab with tweezers.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #7: Goliath Games Who Tooted? The, Um, Fart Board Game for The Whole Family
This game can be played between 3 to 4 players and is suitable for children aged 5 and above . This offer is a fun game where players get a cushion shaped controller that triggers flatulence. The game is full of bluffing and a lot of family fun. The players have to point their nose towards where they think the suspect is and try and guess who farted. This family board game 7-year-olds can play has 10 different types of hilarious gassy sounds that keep everyone rolling in laughter.
- Creates loads of laugh.
- This choice improves guessing skills.
- Great way to make kids open up to each other.
- Wonderful family time.
- Might not be for everyone.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #8: Qwirkle Board Game by Mindware
This game can be played by 2 to 4 players and is suitable for ages 6 and up . The main aim of the game is to build lines by matching shapes or colour and score points. This family board game 7-year-olds can play goes from easy to complex.
- This option improves tactical manoeuvres.
- Encourages strategic planning.
- Forward thinking.
- Teaches spatial understanding.
- None as of yet.
Board Games For 6 7 Year Olds #9: Sorry! Game by Hasbro Gaming
This game is for 2 to 4 players and is suitable for ages 6 and up . Players have to slide, collide and score to win. This family board game 7-year-olds can play is a mystery-solving and guessing game. The game comes with a game board, 12 sorry pawns, instructions and 44 cards.
- Works for all ages.
- Fast game.
- Holds attention.
- Fun family time.
- Many classic features changed.
5 Features And Elements To Look For In The Best Board Games for 7-Year-Olds
Choosing the right board game for kids and families can help ensure that the game is fun and challenging enough for players of this age group. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Choose age appropriate games
- Choose games that can be played with 2 or more people.
- Don’t aim for very complex board games right away.
- The game should take a maximum of 30 minutes to finish so that kids don’t lose interest.
- Buy games that require some amount of thinking and fast acting.
Don’t just buy the game, if possible, play it together and join in the fun too!
Last update on 2021-12-01 at 08:42 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
10 Year Old Board Games - Play boardgames for children age 10 in our board games for 10 year old kids selection.
Best Board Games For Adults - Grab the table top games for adult players in our adult board games collection.
7 Year Old Board Games - Enjoy board games for big kids age 7 years old in our 7 year old boardgames list.
Best Preschool Board Games - Play the best board games for toddler kids in our top boardgame for preschoolers list.
Best Board Games For 8 Year Olds - Grab board games for 8 year olds in our 8 years old children's board game play list.
Best Board Games For Teens - Get board gaming for your teen in our teenagers boardgames collection.