Our Top Recommendation
- As skilled members of a disease fighting team, you and the other players work together to keep the world safe from...
- Pandemic is a cooperative board game in which players work as a team to treat infections around the world while...
- 2 – 4 players
When it comes to board games, a board game enthusiast will want the best board games list around. Well, we’ve got the 13 best board and card games for adults to play right here! See new board games available today in our list of the best board games. We’ve chosen the best rated party board games for you and this board game is an enjoyable way to spend your evening party. The compact nature of this board game makes it easier to carry it from a place to another so bring it to your next adult party! By the time you end this list, you’ll have played and loved hundreds of board games for adults! Read on to find out all about the best board games for adults!
Suspicion is designed to be a family board game and can be enjoyed by ages ten and up, but it’s also great for a group of adults that don’t mind a little silliness. Players take on the role of jewel thieves who must steal from each other without getting caught.
- This popular night party adults board game is easy to play with just two people if needed.
- There is a quick setup for this game.
- Some people feel this game is too much like Clue.
- Some customers found this game short and boring.
#2: Smart Ass
Smart Ass is a party game that’s fun for teens as well as adults. This game is all about shouting out the answers to questions before the other players or teams can come up with them and showing off just how smart you really are.
- This is a fast game that is great for parties and can be played more than once in a night.
- The instructions are easy to follow.
- There are not a lot of cards with this game, and expansions must be purchased additionally.
- Adults may find the questions too easy.
3: Last Word
Last Word plays a little bit like Smart Ass, but with a twist. All players can shout out answers to the questions, and the last player to answer before the buzzer goes off is the winner of the round. This is a family-friendly game that is also good for adult party nights.
- This popular adults party night board game is good for two to eight players but can also be played on teams.
- This is a quick game that can be played multiple times at the same party.
- The buzzer’s time lengths are random, which can get confusing and frustrating to some players.
- This popular adults party night board game may be too challenging for kids who do want to join in.
4: Game for Fame
To play Game for Fame, players divide into teams and must complete challenges according to what’s printed on their game cards. Some of the challenges are trickier than others, but they’re all silly and encourage lots of laughter.
- This popular adults party night board game is quick to learn with simple rules.
- The materials that come with the game are good quality items.
- This popular adults party night board game requires a very large group to play.
- The content may be offensive or too mature for families with kids.
In Telestrations, players are given words they must draw out on paper. From there, teams have to guess what they’re trying to draw and whisper the answers to each other, just like in a game of Telephone. The end results are often far off from the original, but usually very funny.
- This is a good game for a large group and encourages a lot of bonding.
- Many customers report laughing a lot during this game.
- The included markers may run out of ink very easily.
- Some customers dislike the scoring method in this game.
6: Out of Commission
If you’re looking for a game that can get your party going with a little alcohol involved, try Out of Commission. This game is a simple drinking game that only takes a few minutes to set up and learn how to play, so your party won’t have to wait for you to catch up.
- This popular adults party night board game is a good length to get players a little tipsy without being full-on drunk.
- Customers report having a lot of fun with this game.
- This party night adults board game is a little too short for some customers.
- The game doesn’t come with very many cards, so it can get repetitive on a second or third playthrough.
Drink-A-Palooza is a drinking game that combines a lot of other drinking games into one. This is a simple game that can be enjoyed by 2 to 12 players and is great for parties where adults want to get a little drunk and have some silly fun.
- Many customers report this game being great for the beginning of a party night.
- It’s easy to change the rules to suit your needs.
- The game materials are not very sturdy.
- Some customers felt this game was too confusing to play with a bigger group.
8: Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong is a short game that can be finished in 20 to 30 minutes, making it ideal for several rounds at the same party. This game is all about lying and getting away with the murder without your friends figuring it out.
- There is an expansion available for additional purchase.
- This party night adults board game encourages bonding and a unique play experience.
- This popular party night adults board game may be too predictable.
- The game is repetitive on additional playthroughs.
Play Pandemic to work as a group and solve the mystery of a disease outbreak. The quicker you solve the problem, the more people you will be able to save in this teamwork game.
- This game takes about an hour and is a good length for an adult group game.
- This popular party night adults board game can be enjoyed by just two players if need be.
- This party night adults board game has a lot of rules that can be very confusing.
- Some customers feel the climax of the game isn’t very exciting.
10: Wits & Wagers
Wits & Wagers is a combination trivia and gambling game that allows you to bet on answers based on your own knowledge. This party game is good for kids but great for adults who want to show off in front of friends and family.
- This party night adults board game is easy for anyone to play regardless of knowledge of trivia.
- This popular party night game is just as much fun in a large group as it is in a small one.
- All of the answers must be numbers, so the trivia can get boring fast.
- Some customers have found this game too short or too simple.
Agricola is an involved and challenging game that is about resource management and bartering with other players. This popular party night adults board game is easy to learn how to play, but can be challenging to master, making it great for adult game nights.
- This party night adults board game components are good quality.
- This game is never quite the same no matter how many times you play it.
- The include instructions can be tricky to understand at first.
- This party night adults board game can only be played with up to five people.
12: Escape: The Curse of the Temple
Escape: The Curse of the Temple is played in real time by following directions on an included CD. The CD adds to the intensity of the game and plays different sounds and music when the time is right.
- A round of this party night adults board game only takes about ten minutes to work through.
- It’s very quick and easy to learn how to play this game.
- This party night adults board game can be a little chaotic, especially to a first-time player.
- Some customers have found this game too stressful.
Civilization is based on the classic PC game of the same name. This game is about building your civilization and winning based on either the military, economics, technology, or culture.
- This is a simplified version of the PC game that’s more accessible to many players.
- There are plenty of twists in this game to keep it interesting each time you play it.
- There are a lot of tiny pieces and setup takes a while.
- This party night adults board game goes on for a very long time.
Now that you’ve seen some of the top board games for adults, here are a few tips to keep in mind when choosing the right game for your party night:
- Pick a game that will last a while. This way, the fun doesn’t have to end in just a half an hour.
- Choose a game that’s challenging for adults, but not impossible to figure out.
- Either pick a game with simple rules or make sure you know the rules and can explain them before the party gets started.
These simple tips can help you find the right game for your game night in no time. Pick from our list above and enjoy the fun you’re sure to have!
Last update on 2020-10-23 at 08:29 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.