Our Top Recommendation
- Step into the Hogwarts library and answer 600 questions based on the Harry Potter movies
- This Harry Potter merchandise is quick to play, easy to store, and convenient to carry
- Play Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit from the car, on family trips, or anywhere - get your trivia pursuit on wherever...
If you just can’t get enough of Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the rest of Hogwarts you’re in the RIGHT place. Whether its a magical game board, 15 silver checker pieces, a cooperative deck-building game and more, a Harry Potter-themed experience awaits you! Take a look at our top picks below and order yours today.
#1: Harry Potter Magical Beasts Game
The Harry Potter Magical Beasts Game involves moving around Hogwarts to collect items and magical creatures. This top ranked Potter board game features a fun board that swings on a hinge for unique gameplay.
- This top ranked Potter board game is designed for ages eight and up and for two to four players.
- The game is simple enough that kids can play it on their own.
- This top ranked Potter board game doesn’t offer much challenge.
- The game doesn’t have much to do with Harry Potter outside of the board décor.
#2: Trivial Pursuit World of Harry Potter Edition
includes 600 questions to stump any Potter fans. This top ranked Potter board game is easy to play and quick to work through, making it ideal for kids.
- This top ranked Potter board game can be enjoyed by two or more players and ages eight and up.
- This is a quick version of Trivial Pursuit that’s easier for younger attention spans.
- This top ranked Potter board game is movie-based, not book-based.
- Some question may be much too hard for kids.
#3: Harry Potter Match Board Game
The simple but fun Harry Potter Match Board Game is great for younger kids. Match five characters in a row to win, but don’t let the other player take over!
- This top ranked Potter board game is great for just two players and ages four and up.
- The game is very short, so it’s good for younger kids.
- Setup is difficult and may be too hard for young kids.
- This top ranked Potter board game has pieces that don’t stay in the container very well.
#4: Pictopia: Harry Potter Edition
Pictopia: Harry Potter Edition is a trivia game that focuses on the use of pictures for gameplay. This makes it easier for younger members of the family to join in while still sharing their love of Harry Potter with everyone else, too.
- This top ranked Potter board game includes one thousand trivia questions so you don’t have to worry about running out too quickly.
- The game is great for two to four players and ages seven and up.
- The game’s pictures may be too small for older players to see well.
- Many customers have reported this top ranked Potter board game being much too easy.
#5: Gringott’s Checkers Set
This Gringott’s Checkers Set is the perfect addition to any Harry Potter fan’s collection. This top ranked Potter board game plays like regular checkers but features silver and gold “coins” as the playing pieces instead. This is a simple but fun game that’s sure to please.
- Game pieces are very high-quality and the game board features a durable design.
- This top ranked Potter board game is playable by anyone who understands who to play checkers.
- Some customers dislike the lack of instructions in this Potter board game, although it is meant to be a traditional checkers set.
- This top ranked Potter board game has pieces that are plastic, which some customers find disappointing.
#6: Scrabble: Harry Potter
Scrabble: Harry Potter is an updated version of the classic Scrabble game. This top ranked Potter board game board features a Harry Potter theme and includes additional game cards that can be used to play in a different way for those who are looking for something a little fresher.
- The game pieces are good quality and the board is durable.
- This top ranked Potter board game is great for two to four players and ages 11 and up.
- Some customers dislike the vague directions for this top ranked Potter board game.
- The game may be too challenging for kids in the family.
#7: Clue: Harry Potter
If your family loves Clue and Harry Potter, then Clue: Harry Potter is sure to be a big hit! This top ranked Potter board game plays like traditional Clue with an updated Harry Potter theme. The game board itself features wheels that move pieces of the board and change up the settings and scenery to add some challenge to the gameplay.
- This top ranked Potter board game is intended for ages 9 and up and for 3 to 5 players.
- The game board is good quality and doesn’t break easily, even with the rotating wheels.
- Some customers find this top ranked Potter board game too challenging for kids in the family.
- The game may arrive missing pieces.
#8: Munchkin Deluxe: Harry Potter
Munchkin Deluxe: Harry Potter plays like Munchkin classic with a Harry Potter update. This top ranked Potter board game allows players to join their favorite Hogwarts house and showcase their skills against other players from other houses.
- This top ranked Potter board game is good for ages 11 and up and for 3 to 6 players.
- There are different ways to go about playing this game for unique experiences.
- The game may be a little too complicated.
- Kids may have a tough time following the gameplay.
#9: Wizard Chess
No Harry Potter fan’s collection is complete without a Wizard Chess set. This version of Wizard Chess is an officially licensed product and includes high-quality pieces for both sides that are designed to look like the chess figures in the first film.
- The set includes pouches for chess pieces as well as a durable playing board.
- Pieces are big and detailed.
- The pieces are made of plastic, which some customers dislike.
- The pieces may be a little too top-heavy.
#10: Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit
Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit provides players with 1800 trivia questions based on the world of Harry Potter. This top ranked Potter board game plays like a traditional game of Trivial Pursuit but includes only Harry Potter themed questions, pieces, and game board.
- This top ranked Potter board game is built for 2 to 8 players and ages 8 and up.
- The pieces are durable and high-quality.
- Questions tend to be either very basic or very difficult.
- Some customers find that this top ranked Potter board game moves too quickly.
#11: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Trivia Game
This Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Trivia Game is a unique find that is based on the first book rather than the movie. This top ranked Potter board game includes a brightly-colored and detailed game board plus plenty of cards to keep gameplay exciting.
- There are many trivia cards with this game so players won’t run out easily.
- The pieces are good quality and durable.
- The rules can be confusing and the questions can be tough.
- This top ranked Potter board game is old and may be hard to find for a reasonable price.
#12: Harry Potter Mystery at Hogwarts
Play Harry Potter Mystery at Hogwarts for a fun and exciting board game twist. This top ranked Potter board game is similar to Clue but is a little bit more kid-friendly and Harry Potter-themed.
- This top ranked Potter board game is great for 2 to 6 players and for ages 8 and up.
- The game focuses more on the books than some of the others listed here.
- The game is old and may be difficult to find.
- Products may arrive missing pieces.
#13: Harry Potter Diagon Alley Board Game
Harry Potter Diagon Alley Board Game is a collecting game in which players rush through the board to get the items they need before stores run out. This top ranked Potter board game is fun for kids to play on their own and is quick enough for younger attention spans.
- The game is great for ages 8 and up.
- This top ranked Potter board game is based on the books more than the movies.
- This is an old and out-of-print game that’s expensive and hard to find.
- Games may arrive with missing pieces.
#14: Harry Potter The Complete Cinematic Journey Scene It
Harry Potter The Complete Cinematic Journey Scene It utilizes an included DVD to progress through the game. This interactive experience is fun for the whole family and involves answering trivia questions.
- This top ranked Potter board game is good for ages 13 and up.
- The game can be played with just two players.
- The game pieces are low-quality and may break easily.
- The game may be hard to find.
#15: Hogwarts House Cup Challenge
Hogwarts House Cup Challenge involves moving around a game board and collecting points and items. This top ranked Potter board game is perfect for 2 to 4 players and ages 9 and up.
- The game pieces are good quality.
- The game board is colorful and intriguing.
- This top ranked Potter board game is very challenging and tricky.
- Younger kids may have a lot of trouble with this game.
These are all great board games, but which are the best three? Our top picks from the list above include:
- Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit: This is a great take on a classic game with tons of unique and challenging gameplay.
- Clue Harry Potter: This is a fan favorite with lots of happy reviews and input from families that love choosing it for game night.
- Wizard Chess: A must-have for any Harry Potter fan, this is a classic!
Keep this in mind, but remember too that any of these games are quality and sure to please any Harry Potter fan you may know!
Last update on 2020-10-23 at 08:20 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.