Be the first to see new board game jobs in your area! See our top game jobs sites right here!
If you want to see board game jobs displayed here are job listings to check out below. Find the best board game designer jobs in our list and start work today! Get a board game job on y our terms! Board game jobs in your city await!
In this article, we are taking a look at the job market specifically focusing on jobs that are related to board games.
We will discuss about a few companies that you can try out, and even apply online. We also share about some of the credentials that you may require to apply there, and what all you need to do to be able to sustain the job. So if this sounds interesting, just read on.
JUMP TO A SECTION
***BEST BARS WITH BOARD GAMES AND TABLETOP GAMING TAVERN LOUNGES: Find the best bars with board games in our gaming tavern lounge list. Board Game Bar.
5 Companies To Find Tabletop Game Jobs Employment Opportunities
Board Game Jobs on GAMEOSITY
MORE INFO: https://gameosity.com/category/jobs/
- Gameosity is another website that is dedicated to board games and shares listings of various board game related jobs.
- You can check out their job listing dashboard to see which organizations are looking, and find out the location and type of job.
- From internships to freelancing to temporary and full-time roles, they list all available options.
Board Game Jobs on LINKEDIN
VISIT THEM HERE: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/board-game-jobs?position=1&pageNum=0
- LinkedIn is a very popular online professional community where genuine organizations create networks to look for candidates who can fit their requirements.
- You can find a host of board game related listing here and check apply either through LinkedIn or even directly to the company, if the option is open.
- One of the reasons to look up board game related work on this site is that it offers work options not only to experienced people but also has various opportunities for freshers and inexperienced people to work as interns or freelancers or even on probation to gain experience and knowledge.
- The networking angle on LinkedIn can help you reach out and connect with more potential job owners.
Board Game Jobs on SIMPLYHIRED
MORE INFO: https://www.simplyhired.com/search?q=board+game+developer
***BOARD GAME CAFES AND RESTAURANTS FOR TABLETOP GAMERS: Find board game cafes and restaurants for gamers in our list selection. Restaurants With Board Games.
- SimplyHired is an online job portal where you can search for your particular job role and also get an idea of how much salary you can make in the job you are looking for.
- The site gives you the option of building you a strong resume that can increase your chances of getting noticed and leaving a mark on the employers.
- You can also compare the salaries for similar jobs based on location on a local as well as on a national level, which can give you a better idea of where all to apply.
- The portal is easy to use and you can apply to more than 100 jobs at once within minutes.
Board Game Jobs on UPWORK
VISIT THEM HERE: https://www.upwork.com/freelance-jobs/game-development/
- Upwork is an online job posting site where you can look up jobs in various sectors, including the board gaming industry.
- You can find out about the different job listings that are regularly updated here and apply to the ones that fit the bill.
- This site gives you the freedom to work on a freelance basis and gain experience, as well as to showcase your talent to those who are on the lookout for new candidates.
- The more success you get on the many projects posted here, the better your chances of getting hired by bigger names.
Board Game Jobs on FACEBOOK
MORE INFO: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TabletopJobs/
- This might seem like an unlikely place to look for a board gaming job, but the search option on FaceBook can actually connect you to people who are looking to hire.
- You can find various pages and groups, such as Table Top Game Jobs (and more) that regularly update various job openings related to table top board games.
- These groups give you links and details about the companies that are hiring, so that you can directly approach the recruiters.
- It is also a great way to check with others in the community who may have applied or previously worked there, to understand whether or not the role or place will work for you.
Are board game jobs employment still promising and profitable in present times?
While there are not too many jobs that are related to the board gaming industry, there are definitely avenues open for board gamers to join at a professional level. And the best part is, it’s fun!
As long as you are good at what you are doing and are passionate about your work, there is definitely potential to grow in the board game industry.
***BOARD GAMING CONVENTIONS 2020 GUIDE: See our ultimate board gaming conventions list guide for 2020. Board Game Conventions.
- Being in this job sector is like being in any other job, with just the difference that you get to do what you really love.
- The higher you move up the ladder and the more position or say you have in your role, the higher you can make in your job.
- On an average, the salaries of a board gamer could range anywhere between $56,000 and $113,000, but then again, it depends on the level of experience, the organization, the location and what types of games they develop.
What sort of tabletop game jobs are regularly available?
As with any other job industry, there can be different types of jobs and roles that are available for those who want to work in the board game industry:
ENTRY LEVEL Board Games Jobs:
- This would usually be when you have less than a year of work experience in the related field.
- Initially you will have to spend time learning more about the job and the type of games that are being created.
- You will have to spend some time in designing the games, testing and getting feedback.
- You may also have to find out the different ways in which the game can be played, and what will make it more fun and interesting.
SENIOR LEVEL Board Games Jobs:
- The senior level usually means the person is the main game designer.
- At this level, you will also be responsible for taking the main and final decisions on the games.
- This role is also usually for those who have had a lot of experience in the field for developing and publishing the games, usually around 7 to 14 years.
In addition, you could also be hired in the marketing and sales division or PR division of the board game company. Here, you may be required to do the following:
- Assist with the planning as well as the execution of various game related activities.
- Get sponsorships.
- Create material for social media and other publicity avenues.
- Create events with influencers to promote the game.
- Plan and execute promotional events.
- Organize board game events.
- Spread the word amongst those of the target age range for the game.
- Make presence felt in various board game conventions.
- Be ready to talk about the game and create interest amongst audience for the same.
Credentials you’ll need to apply and thrive in these board game design jobs
Most companies will require that you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design, Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Having a certification in programming languages is also a good option. You should also ideally have knowledge about various computer languages and systems to be able to apply and do well in board game related jobs.