Our Top Recommendation
Are you looking for some fun games especially for adults?
Do you want something that can help break the ice at a party for adults?
Do you want some fun games at your party that will help start the conversation and keep the fun going?
Well, in that case, reading this article is all that you need to do in order to bring in a lot of fun, laugh and getting-along at your party for adults. Because today, we are going to share some amazing and really fun party games that are meant to help start conversation and keep the grown-up party going.
We are sharing detailed reviews about conversation starters and games along with their price range and features, as well as their pros and cons. Not just that, we are also sharing a few adult games with you that you and your guests can play impromptu, without any cards or boards. So make sure you read about those too, and host a party that your guests won’t stop talking about for a long time!
3 Situations Where Conversation Starter Games For Adults Are Handy
1. At a party where not everyone knows each other:
- Of course this is one of the most common situations where these kinds of games come in handy.
- They help to break the ice amongst guests, especially those who do not know each other, and keep the party and the conversation going.
2. At ESL classes for adults:
- Adults are often more inhibited about opening up in class than youngsters, and these games can help start a conversation in class.
- It can also be a great way to help encourage conversation and make learning the language a lot more fun.
3. In a group session for adults:
- Not just for language classes, these games can also help start and keep the conversation going in a group that is meant for adults.
- Whether it is some kind of therapy session or any other where there is a bunch of adults who do not know each other, this can be good to help them open up initially.
7 Hilariously Fun Conversation Games for Adults You Can Buy on Amazon
#1: PlayMonster 5 Second Rule Uncensored Game
This game is for 3 or more players and has 150 2-sided cards. This uncensored version is strictly for adults. It comes with a timer that adds more fun and pressure on the players, even as they play it drunk. You have to name three things to some really wacky questions, all within 5 seconds. For instance, ‘name 3 erogenous zones’ ‘name 3 ways to hide a fart’ and so on.
- Fun and challenging.
- Speaking fast adds to the fun.
- Fun with or without drinks.
- Timer may stop at 3 seconds.
#2: I’ve Never The Outrageous Game of Truth
This is the classic fun drinking game for adults where you have to roll the dice, move the pawn and try to reach the finish line before your friends. It is perfect for 2-8 players and has more than 110 questions as well as 10 blank questions that you can fill up with your own outrageous questions. The game has a lot of variations on the way, keeping it entertaining.
- Easy to play.
- Gets provocative.
- Best for very close or perverted group of friends.
- Not the best choice of questions.
#3: North Star Games Say Anything Party Game
All the answers should be as outrageous, creative and opinionated as you possibly can make them. You pick a card, read a question and everyone writes down an answer. You have to secretly choose your favourite answer and everyone has to try and guess what answer you picked. It comes with 80 question cards and has no right or wrong answers.
- Choose your own answers.
- Good quality materials.
- Gets funnier and imaginative as game progresses.
- May not be the funniest for some.
#4: If You Had To… [A Party Game] by Drunk Stoned or Stupid
This one comes with 250 cards that give you hilarious and horrible scenarios. You have to convince the judge that the card you have is the worst and win points. It’s a fun way to argue and make your voice be heard in a group of drunken friends. The first one to win 5 points wins.
- Fun refreshing questions.
- Rules can be tweaked.
- Lots of laughs and fun.
- Not for those who want vulgar games.
#5: Never Have I Ever – The Game Of Poor Life Decisions by NSFW
This game comes with 550 cards and lets you answer things about why you did something in the most ludicrous manner. This is one of the classic and best adult drinking games. Drink, follow the rules and laugh out at why you did the crazy things that you did!
- Perfect with known friends.
- Many OMG moments.
- Reveals a lot.
- In-your-face for some.
#6: I Know Everything! – The Best Party Card Game for Adults
This comes with more than 500 cards with disgraceful questions and dares to keep your party going. Your friends have to guess your answer. Whoever is closest wins a point; the furthest has to do a dare.
- Replay value.
- Fun answers and dares.
- Good for all adults.
- Insensitive for some.
#7: Cards Against Humanity: A Party Game for Horrible People
This comes with 500 white cards and 100 black cards to maximize replay value. Has two options of rules to choose from – sensible and alternatively, preposterous! One player asks a question from the black card as others answer with their funniest white card.
- Alternate rules.
- Great bonding.
- Wide range of topics.
- Vulgar for some.
3 Conversation Starting Games for Adults That Can Be Played Without Cards Or Boards
1. Yes, I have Done That
- Everyone takes turns saying a sentence of something they have done, and make it sound as embarrassing or brutal as possible.
- Simple example ‘I have gone for 4 days wearing the same underwear.’
- If this is true for anyone in the group they have to say ‘Yes, I have done that’ and take a drink.
2. String A Story
- One person takes a drink and says a sentence that becomes the start of a story.
- The next person takes a drink and repeats the sentence, and adds another to it.
- The next person repeats and carries on.
- The fun is to see till when your guests can remember the sentences and add more to the story even as they keep getting drunk.
3. Famous Game
- For this game, a player takes a drink and starts describing a famous celeb.
- Others have to guess the name.
- If anyone guesses the right name, the other player takes another drink.
- If no one can guess, they all have to drink more.
This is a great way to host a party where all your adult guests will enjoy and feel a part of the party. While you can definitely get the card or board games, you can also have the same fun even if you don’t have anything.
Last update on 2020-08-10 at 11:31 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.