Our Top Recommendation
- Includes FREE 6" x 9" Detailed DLS Satin Drawstring Dice Bag!!!
- Colors - 100 Dice Total - Includes 10 Each of White w/ Colored pips, Green, Pink, White, Black, Red w/ Black Pips,...
- 16 MM (5/8 Inches) - Standard Size - 6-Sided, Square Corner, Acrylic, High Quality Dice
Does the type of dice you use for your board games make a difference?
Is it fine to just use whichever dice you have on hand?
Should you buy specific dice for board games?
Depending on the type of board game you’re playing, you may need different kinds of dice. You might also need a lot of dice for one game and just one die for another game. Each board game has its own rules and its own requirements, so be sure to read up on the ones you have to find out what you need.
If you’re like most families, losing your board game dice is just one of those things that happens often. However, just because it happens doesn’t mean you have to give up on playing your games altogether!
When you know which dice to buy ahead of time, you can stock up on different options and varieties for you and the whole family to choose from. Everyone can have their own individual dice set, or the family can share the whole set when game night rolls around instead.
In this article, we’ll show you some of our favorite dice for use with board games. You can find a variety of options here, but keep in mind that this really only scratches the surface of what’s available in the world of gaming dice. If you’re playing a tabletop RPG, such as Dungeons & Dragons, you’ll need much different dice than those listed here.
However, if you’re playing most types of board games, the dice on our list are a great option for you and your family. Check out our list of top board game dice below and you should have no trouble narrowing down your options and finding a great set that’s durable, easy to find if they get lost, and perfect for your upcoming family game nights.
#1: Set of 10 Six Sided D6 Standard Dice
Do you want a set of fun and funky dice with a little charm and personality to them? If so, you might want to try this Set of 10 Six Sided D6 Standard Dice. This set of dice includes rainbow pips, with each side represented in a different color. They are sure to keep your kids’ attention!
- These are beautiful and well-made standard dice.
- Kids can learn colors as well as counting when using these dice.
- The dice may arrive damaged or missing some pieces.
- There are only 10 dice in this set, as opposed to some of the bulk sets on our list.
#2: 100 White Dice
When you need a lot of basic white dice with black pips that can withstand a lot of use, check out this set of 100 White Dice. These dice are perfect for the vast majority of board games, and they won’t break the bank either. Bring home a pack and never worry again about losing the dice for your favorite games.
- These dice also come in a rounded black option with white pips.
- The dice are affordable for a bulk item.
- These dice are low-quality and many customers report them rolling a 1 more often than not.
- The dice may not arrive as pictured and may have a large red 1 side.
#3: Super Z Outlet Standard White Dice
These Super Z Outlet Standard White Dice are durable, long-lasting, and capable of holding up to a lot of use as well. They are designed to be balanced nicely without causing too much bias in your dice rolls. The paint on the pips is accurate and not off-center.
- These dice are polished and smooth, making them easy to roll.
- The dice are an affordable way to stock up on basic bulk dice.
- Rarely, some dice may arrive missing the black paint.
- Some dice may arrive chipped due to shipping issues.
#4: Discount Learning Supplies 100-Piece Assorted Colored Dice
Are you searching for the perfect set of various dice colors for you and your whole family to enjoy together? Would you like a set that includes many different options so everyone can have their own individual color and style of dice? If so, the Discount Learning Supplies 100-Piece Assorted Colored Dice pack may be right for you. This set includes dice in many different colors, such as red, blue, black, yellow, white, green, and pink. Some colors have two styles; for example, the white dice come with either black pips or rainbow pips, and the red dice come with white or black pips.
- These dice are nice quality and tend to hold up well to a lot of use, even by younger kids who may play rough.
- These are some of the best-selling dice on the market.
- Rarely, the package may arrive missing a couple of dice, although the company should send replacements if this happens.
- The dice bag may not hold up as long as the dice themselves.
#5: 100-Pack Translucent and Solid 6-Sided Game Dice
This 100-Pack Translucent and Solid 6-Sided Game Dice set includes beautiful dice that are separated into some of the most popular muted classic colors. These colors include gray, purple, blue, green, orange, red, pink, and yellow. The dice also feature two different options: solid or translucent. Each color comes in both, all in the same complete package. If you’re looking for some of the most fun and colorful dice on the market—and especially if you want dice that will appeal to the little ones in your family—look no further than this exciting set of brightly multicolored dice in cheerful shades.
- The colors on these dice are clear and the dice themselves are durable.
- Each set of dice includes five individual pieces, so you should have plenty for the majority of board games.
- Some of the dice may arrive warped.
- Some dice may be misprinted on arrival.
Were you able to find some dice you like for all your board game needs? As you can see, there are many to pick from. You may feel a little confused when trying to choose the right dice, but just remember to pay attention to reviews and choose those that aren’t too badly imbalanced. You should also pick dice that are colors you and your family will enjoy using.
Of course, there’s always more you can learn about the process of buying the right dice. Understanding your dice is a great way to make sure everyone has as much fun as possible on game night. Here are a few things to keep in mind when buying dice for your board games:
- Choose dice that have good reviews and don’t seem to be biased in one direction or another.
- Choose dice that are made of durable materials that won’t break when they hit each other or the wall.
- Choose dice that are brightly colored and visible enough to spot if they go under furniture—unless, of course, you prefer to stick to the traditional black-and-white style!
- Choose dice that come in a large enough set that losing a few won’t interrupt your game.
all this in mind when you want to bring home the perfect dice for your needs.
Last update on 2020-04-01 at 17:51 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.